Register

Welcome to the CONSUMERS' FORUM (formerly The Penalty Charges Forum).

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Unhappy Under 19s account changed to Classic: Can I claim back unplanned O/D fees?

Hi!

I've recently been charged £165.00 in "Unplanned O/D Fees" by Lloyds TSB for being £45.96 overdrawn during the month of November.

These charges are new to me as I've had an "Under 19s" account since joining Lloyds TSB. These accounts do not not incur any such fees. I wasn't aware that I would be switched over to a "Classic" account and I definitely wasn't aware that I'd then be charged for having an overdraft!

I'm not sure of the exact date of when my account was switched over, but as far as I was aware my "unplanned overdraft" was taken out on the terms of the Under 19s account. If I had known it would result in charges I wouldn't have used it.

Is there anything I can do about this?
    Last edited by Jeevan; 02-01-2009 at 07:55 PM.

VIP Donator Crystal Member

Are you over 18?

On your 18th birthday an Under 19's a/c is converted either to a Student a/c or a Classic a/c

See page 12 here:
    http://www.lloydstsb.com/media/lloyd...0508_48766.pdf

I'm actually 20 now (and have been since July). I wasn't informed that my account would be changing, despite asking them several times in-branch why I still had an Under 19s. According to one of the cashiers I spoke to when I found out my account type had been changed, I have no planned or unplanned overdraft facility now. That means they switched me over to an account that's not supposed to have an overdraft while I was overdrawn, then charged me for it.
    Last edited by Jeevan; 02-01-2009 at 11:59 PM.

Member Platinum Member
    Moved in with J200WAY (we're very happy ty)

claim them back jeevan!!

Follow the step-by-step guide - any questions just shout!