PDA

View Full Version : Lloyds TSB Letter of Apology

avatill
04-06-2007, 11:18 AM
Good morning.
Have received a letter this morning from the Central Fulfilment Unit at Lloyds TSB! Basically says they have been looking at my account and appear to have applied interest and charges they should not have . To put things right quickly they will be making a refund into my account on the 21st June 2007 for £ 431.99.

At this moment this case has been filed at court . The Bank has filed a defence and I have sent the completed AQ back to the court. The date it is required is the 11th June 2007. My claim is for £1450 . Please could you advise me if I should send a letter refusing this amount of money. Interestingly this is the case where I filed for the Banks defence to be struck out. On the letter I have recieved it says they will be more than happy to help if I have any questions and give a telephone number for me to use.

Torquaygirl
04-06-2007, 11:28 AM
Hi,
Give them a ring and remind them how far things have got, then tell them that you will accept nothing less than 100%. If they won't settle send them the partial settlement refusal letter and continue with your claim.

Rambo
04-06-2007, 12:10 PM
I agree with TG and do not stop the claim until you have what you require.

editorholte
04-06-2007, 01:50 PM
You're in good hands here....any chance of seeing that letter with your personal details removed please. Because that doesn't sound like the standard gesture of goodwill refund.

Sooty
05-06-2007, 01:33 AM
I received the same thing this morning.

It goes like this:-

Lloyds TSB Bank plc
Central Fulfilment Unit
AVA Overdrafts
Ariel House
2138 Coventry Rd
Birmingham B26 3JW

Dear Mr / Mrs / Miss etc

We have been looking at the details of your current account and realise that we owe you an apology and a refund. The purpose of this letter is to explain what has happened and what we are doing to put it right.

One of the benefits of your account is an interest-free zone within your overdraft. Through a process review we have identified that we had not set this up for you, so you have paid interest and charges you should not have. To put things right quickly for you we will be making a refund of interest and charges. A refund of £xxx.xx will be in your account by 21st June 2007

To work out your refund we've gone back through our system records for your account. This includes 5.39% interest (annually) from the day the charge went onto your account, up to 21st June 2007.

I hope I have managed to explain everything clearly for you (patronising sods - my words), but if you have any questions please call us on 0845 603 0625.

Yours sincerely

Gail Russell

Now, I've composed my own response to this letter which goes thus :-

Dear Gail Russell

Many thanks for your letter of 31st May advising me of your organisations apology and refund of bank charges plus interest.

I think it prudent at this time to advise you that I, like thousands of others throughout the country, am currently seeking to reclaim all of the unlawful bank charges levied against both of my accounts with Lloyds TSB dating back over the last six years.

In regard to the above named account only, the sum involved is £xxx.xx less interest.

In light of the current situation and, having knowledge of your organisations tactics with many of your other customers, I believe your derisory offer of £xxx.xx to be a disguised attempt to try and ‘bargain’ your way out of paying what is lawfully due.

To that end I would advise you that should any monies, less than the full amount I am claiming back, be deposited into my accounts, I shall hold them pending their return to you at a mutually convenient time.

For the avoidance of doubt, I hereby state that I do not accept your offer of £xxx.xx plus interest as a refund of bank charges on the above named account.

A copy of this letter has been filed for production in the relevant Court of Law if required.

I await your response with keen interest.

Yours sincerely, etc.

I'm sure that the more eloquent among you will point me in the right direction should my letter be incorrect, but I think I'm on the right track.

Sooty

editorholte
05-06-2007, 01:06 PM
Letter looks fine Sooty, you'll soon Sweep them away. They'll know you've got them Zippy'ed up andmade a bungle. (sorry).

Yeah response looks ok, I'm not sure on how advantage gold works (I assume that's what you've got), but how can an interest free portion of an overdraft affect charges???

jamminjameso
05-06-2007, 05:56 PM
umm did anyone elsen otice the damn address of this department?

i bet you this department did not exist before the judge in birmingham ruled in favour of tsb, they will try to get all the cases passed to their 'local' court which happens to now be brum with that di***** judge? :)

Just a paranoid thought lol

good luck with the letter!!

James

editorholte
05-06-2007, 06:12 PM
James,

They can't do that - the Cov Rd office has been there for years mate...try not to see a conspiracy in everything (I'm as bad lol)

And again Judge Cooke had very little choice, Berwick made too many mistakes! Let's not start this one again.

Rambo
05-06-2007, 07:15 PM
Listen to the wise words of the editor.